Koshi tappu jungle safari is perfect opportunity to explore the wilderness in the eastern plains. It has carved a place itself as a birdwatcher's paradise. The reserve was established in 1996 with an objective to protect the wild water buffaloes in the floodplain of the Sapt Koshi River. The park is situated on
the bank of the Sapta Koshi river.The vegetation consists mainly of grassland, scrub and deciduous forests. The reserve is unique for its 100 or so surviving wild water buffaloes.Other mammals found are the hog deer, wild boar, and the Nilgai.The beautiful Bengal florican and the Flamboyant sarus cranes can be spotted here.More than 440 species of birds have been recorded in Koshi Tappu including those that arrive from Siberia and Tibet around November to February and the globally threatened Swamp partridge.
The reserve is also home to jackals, Pythons, and crocodiles. The endangered Gangetic dolphins are seen occasionally when they surface in the river. Reverine and Sal forests and grasslands dominate the area of the reserve and this combination of vegetation and wetland proves a special site for birds and animals to thrive.You can explore Koshi tappu on elephant back, you will see the hattisar (elephant stable) where elephant breed regularly and it is one of just a few such facilities in Asia. During your trip at dusk and dawn, you will see many varieties of birds and animals sitting along the river the best place to watch this is from the Barrage, downstream of the river. A truly unforgettable moment.
- Discover the unique tradition and culture of Tharu people.
- Observe one-horned Rhinoceros and Royal Bengal Tigers.
- Enjoy with several wildlife activites.
- Popular for bird watching spot having with more than 300 spices of birds.
- Explore the Koshi Tappu wildlife reserve.
- Day 1 : Drive or fly to Biratnagar.
- Day 2 : Koshi Tappu wildlife tour.
- Day 3 : Koshi tappu bird watching and other.
- Day 4 : Departure.